Skip to the content

Working & Living in New Zealand

Teacher Registration

To teach in New Zealand you will need your NZ Teachers Registration. This requires your overseas qualifications to be assessed by the NZ Qualifications Authority and a clear police check. You can then apply for a Practicing Certificate.

Once you have your NZ Teachers Registration you can apply for a work permit, for more information click here.


Visa Applications

Pinehurst School is an accredited employer with NZ Immigration, allowing faster processing of work applications. We will provide a letter of support at the start of your appointment. You will need the following to make your application:

  • A medical certificate less than 3 months old at the date of application.
  • A police certificate from your country of citizenship and any countries you have lived in for 5 years or more since you were 17 years, which is less than 6 months old at the time of application.
  • A completed INZ Work Visa Application (INZ 1015)
  • Evidence of relationship if you have a partner and/or dependent children who are also applying.