Music at Pinehurst
At Pinehurst, we offer a wide range of instrumental tuition, music group mentoring and several performance opportunities for our students in which they can perform.
Four Formal and All-Comers Concerts will be held this year in which our talented students can opt to participate.
The Formal Concerts are designed to showcase the best of our Junior Primary, Senior Primary, Junior College and Senior College performers. The concerts take place in the Arena, from 3.30-4.30pm, unless otherwise specified. Dates for 2023 have yet to be confirmed.
- Senior Primary Music Concert
- Junior Primary Music Concert
Students can audition to participate in these concerts. Invitations to register will be included in the school newsletter, closer to the due date indicated.
Ensemble Concerts are designed to be a performance platform for the many performance groups at Pinehurst School. Primary, Secondary and combined concerts with students from Years 1-13 are invited to perform in these concerts if they have contributed to the groups throughout the year. Top senior Music students may also be given performance solo performance opportunities at these events..
There are usually two to three of these concerts every year which are held in the theatre from 6pm. Dates for 2023 have yet to be confirmed.
Invitations to register will be included in the school newsletter, closer to the due date indicated.
Instrumental Itinerant Lessons
Apart from our full-time staff who are looking after your child’s musical education inside and outside of the classroom, fourteen other part-time, instrumental specialists offer individual tuition before school, during and after school for the following instruments:
Before applying for one or more itinerant lessons please read the document here.
With the support of the board, Pinehurst School is pleased to offer a Brass Bursary to any student who would like to learn/or continue developing their performing skills on a brass instrument, take itinerant lessons at the school and commit to participating in a music co-curricular group at Pinehurst. For more information and how to apply, click here.
Co-Curricular Music Groups
A great range of music co-curricular groups are also available during lunchtimes or after school during the week. Students can sign up to perform within a group setting receive mentoring by a specialist. Participation in these groups is free but a certain code of conduct and commitment is expected.
• Primary Choir (Year 1-6)
• Year 5 Marimba Group
• Year 4 Woodwind Ensemble
• Suzuki Violin Group (New Entrant - Year 8)
• Primary Rock Band
• Junior College Rock Bands (Year 7 & 8)
• Senior College Rock Bands (Year 9-13)
• College Choir (Year 7-13)
• Primary Orchestra (Open to all primary students who play an orchestral instrument and can read notation)
• College Orchestra (Open to students who have played an orchestral instrument for a minimum of 2 years and can read notation)
• Jazz Band (Year 7 - Year 13, open to students who play brass, saxophone, piano, bass, guitar, drums and can read notation)
• Chamber Music Groups (New Entrant - Year 13, by audition)
• Classical Guitar Ensemble (open to any students who can play Grade 1-4 level of difficulty)
• Harp Ensemble
• Annual School Musical (Year 7-13) Auditions held in Term 1
TO APPLY FOR A LESSON OR GROUP PLEASE SUBMIT THE ONLINE FORM BELOW